COVID & Your Roof: How Not to Neglect Your Roof AND Stay Safe
COVID has certainly had top billing over the past year. Many people have had to cancel life plans or at least put them on hold. With the stress of juggling work, childcare, and social distancing, it can be easy to forget about things like your roof. But we are spending more time than ever in our homes and taking care of them should never be on the back burner! Roof maintenance is a year-round priority, but it is especially important in the winter and spring. Shingles, flashing, and gutters all take a hit from the weight of snow and ice, and they will need to be inspected and to prevent snow melt from finding its way inside the home. For more information on specific steps to winterize your roof, read our blog 6 Steps To Get Your Roof Ready for Winter. You may be wondering how a roofing project is completed during a pandemic. J&K Roofing is a relationship-based company, and we work very hard to earn our clients’ trust. It goes without saying that safety has always been one of our top priorities! In addition to our typical high standards of safety, we have also implemented several policies specific to COVID:
- Drones: we can use drones to safely view and inspect your roof without setting foot in (or on) your home!
- EagleView: this provides us with satellite imaging and assists with remote measurements
- Contactless contracts: all paperwork can be done electronically Contactless projects: if you wish, we can complete your entire roofing project without ever meeting in-person
- Daily temperature checks: all roof crews have their temperatures checked and recorded daily before beginning work
- Social distancing: we limit face-to-face interaction by having separate areas for our office, sales, warehouse, and roofing crews
- Masks: to be worn at all times when face-to-face interaction is necessary
- Enhanced training: we have trained our crews to work separately, when possible. If this is not possible, masks are mandatory.